Terms and Conditions
To visitors to the property known as ‘Pinecroft’, 7 Murray Tce, Port Elliot SA: When you pay a deposit for a booking on our house, ‘Pinecroft’, this means you accept the following Terms and Conditions.
- Enquiries: Your enquiry lodged through this website serves to establish initial contact with us and ask questions about the property. It will prompt a return email to you. On you indicating a desire to proceed with a booking, you will be sent by email a Confirmation Invoice.
- Confirmation Invoice:
- Your Confirmation Invoice will show your name and contact details, period of your booking, the number of people staying (your ‘party’), details of any pets allowed, the dates that payment falls due, the method of making payment and the rental booking deposit price and total price.
- The deposit price will be calculated as approximately 25% of the total booking price.
- Your booking for a holiday is confirmed when we have received the amount shown as payable now on the Confirmation Invoice (this amount is the deposit on the booking, however, full payment may also be made at this point).
- Your booking should be made in your name only. You are responsible for all payments and for any damage whether caused by you or anyone in your party (you are advised to make your party aware of these Terms and Conditions).You cannot assign the booking to someone else without our approval.
- All bookings should be made well in advance. It is advisable to book early to avoid disappointment, particularly over summer and school holiday periods.
- We reserve the right to refuse any booking
- Payments are accepted by transfer to our bank account, with bank details shown on the Confirmation Invoice. Other payment methods are by negotiation.
- The full balance of the total holiday cost is payable not later than two weeks before the beginning of your holiday. If the full balance is not paid on time, we reserve the right to cancel your booking, in which case your deposit may be forfeited.
- Reminders or receipts will not be sent unless you request them.
- Cancellations, alterations and transfers:
- You may cancel your reservation at any time by notifying us. You can do this by telephone, but it must be confirmed by email. Cancellations more than 30 days prior to your planned arrival date receive a full refund of any deposit. Cancellations less than 30 days prior to planned arrival date either (i) forfeit your deposit or (ii) you are invited to transfer the deposit to an alternative booking date.
- If we have to cancel or alter your arrangements, we will take reasonable steps to offer an alternative booking or acceptable alternative arrangements. If we cannot do this, we will return to you any money you have paid to us as part of your booking
- If you want to transfer your booking to someone else, you must negotiate the transfer directly with us. If the transfer request cannot be successfully accommodated, the booking will be regarded as a cancellation.
- Security Bond:
- A security bond of $500 is generally only charged when you negotiate to (i) bring a dog to Pinecroft or (ii) have a party stay which is larger than the maximum capacity of Pinecroft (i.e. more than 8 people).
- The bond will be returned to you by your designated payment method once our property has been inspected and deemed left in a similar state to that which existed prior to your arrival. We agree to ensure this occurs within 7 working days of your departure.
- Arrival and Departure times: Arrival time is 2.00pm on the first day of your holiday and Departure time is before 10.00am on the last day of your holiday. No access can be given prior to 2.00pm due to the time needed to clean the Accommodation between bookings. Unless alternative arrangements have been made, any stay that extends outside of stated arrival and departure times may be subject to a charge being made for additional days.
- Size of Party: The number of persons in your party staying at Pinecroft must not exceed (i) the number specified on the Confirmation Invoice and (ii) the maximum sleeping capacity of the house (i.e. 8 people). Sleeping in tents or motor vehicles adjacent to the house is not permitted.
- Linen and towels: The cost of linen is included in the tariff. We supply linen, pillows, blankets and towels which must be left where supplied in the bedrooms or bathroom on departure. Supplied towels are for normal bathroom use only. Beach towels are not included.
- Reasonable care of the property: You are responsible for Pinecroft during your stay. You should take all reasonable care of the property and, at the end of your stay, leave the Property including all utensils, fixtures, fittings and equipment on, in or about the Property in a clean and tidy condition. We reserve the right to make a charge for extra cleaning if the house and surrounds are not left in a satisfactory condition.
- Damage, breakage and injury:
- You are liable for any breakages or damage caused and all costs of repair and replacement. Any damage or breakage should be reported to us as soon as practicable after the damage occurring.
- We cannot be held responsible for loss or damage to any of your belongings or for injury sustained by you or members of your party during your stay at Pinecroft.
- Well trained dogs (maximum of one unless otherwise negotiated) are accepted at Pinecroft subject to our approval prior to a booking being made, and on the condition that they are not allowed on the furniture, and especially the beds, nor left unattended in house.
- If you bring your dog you are required to clean-up and properly dispose of, away from the premises, all pet waste and other material caused by occupation of the pet within and outside the property. Damage to gardens, lawns, screen doors, furniture and other property caused by pets will result in a claim against the bond.
- Problems on arrival: Every reasonable care will be taken to ensure that Pinecroft is presented in a high standard to you. Should you find on arrival that there is a problem, or cause for complaint, you should immediately contact us. All reasonable steps will then be taken to assist you.
- Breakdowns: We do not accept responsibility for any inconvenience due to appliance breakdown but will undertake to repair or replace failed appliances as soon as practicable.
- Feedback: We request that you provide feedback on your stay and a visitor’s book is available in at Pinecroft for this purpose.
- Keys: You will be issued with a set of keys to Pinecroft on or prior to your arrival on the first day of your holiday. You are required to return the keys at the end of your stay. Failure to do so will incur the cost of a replacement set.
- Smoking: Smoking is not permitted at Pinecroft.
- Offensive, dangerous or illegal activities:
- You must not use Pinecroft or allow its use for any dangerous, offensive, noisy, illegal or immoral activities (including activities that may be a nuisance or annoyance to neighbours).
- We reserve the right to evict you or any of your party (without compensation being payable) if we deem it necessary; for example, should complaints be made of anti-social behaviour or if unreasonable breakages or damages occurs or if smoking restrictions are not observed.
Disclaimer – The owners do not accept liability in contract or in tort (actionable
wrong) for any injury, damage, loss, delay, additional expenses or inconvenience
caused directly or indirectly by force majeure or other events which are beyond
our control, or which are not preventable by reasonable diligence on our part
including, but not limited to war, civil disturbance, fire, floods, unusually
severe weather, acts of God, acts of Government or of any other authorities,
accidents, theft to or failure of machinery or equipment or industrial action.
Chris Dolan and Rosemary Whitten
Enquiries please telephone 0401121288 / 0883324251
International enquiries + 61 8 83324251